Greetings! I am happy to report that we are now homeless. WE SOLD OUR HOUSE! Thank you all for praying. When we bought our house, we had no idea that the housing market was going to drive off a cliff, down an embankment, and onto several pointed rocks before exploding. It has been a millstone around our neck, and we are very grateful to finally be rid of that particular financial burden.
We will be flying back to Uganda on May 29. Our furlough has been restful and productive. It’s been good to see family and friends, but we are all looking forward to getting home. As of now, God has increased our support to livable levels. For those churches who have taken us on or raised our support or for those who support us individually: thank you. You made it so that we can live and minister in Uganda.
We are starting our last trip before our return tomorrow. I have four meetings lined out in the Pacific Northwest. Please pray these will result in support, along with all of the other churches we visited this past year.
Pray for our trip back to Uganda. We are vastly better prepared than we were in 2013. Pray for our health and safety. Pray for the NGO. I have begun the process of renewal, this time for five years. Pray for our home in Uganda. I found out today that a section of wall between our compound and our neighbor fell over. Nothing serious was harmed, but it does present a security risk while they are repairing it.
Some of our goals for the coming term:
- Construction on baptistries for the younger churches, and repairs and expansions to our buildings.
- Preach through the Book of Romans.
- Literacy classes for the ladies, and anybody else who needs schooling in how to read.
- Drill wells at our churches.
- Install water reclamation tanks.
- Organize medical clinics.
- Revival meeting at each church, with special preaching, and evangelistic outreach in the community.
- Start churches among the new refugees from Burundi.
If you are wanting to send money to fund any of these projects, it is never too late. Make sure you designate what the money is for, and I will put it to work on your behalf.
God bless you all.